I really messed up this time:
Running KDE.  On a whim, I decided to try out switchdesk.  It came up
and gave me 2 choices KDE and Anotherlevel.  I chose Anotherlevel and
clicked on the "Change only applies to current display"  It then tells
me to restart X.  I did that but it then tells me something like
"Chosen fwm2, but it does not appear to be properly installed.  Using
TWM" when I do a startx.  It then dumps me into a blank X server.
Fortunately, I have an xterm in Autostart which starts up.
So I try switchdesk again and selected KDE.  After going thru'
everything,I get dumped into the plain X server again.  I then try a
startkde and I get my KDE desktop.  But without the kpanel? bar at the
bottom, and only one screen.
I always boot up into level 3 and start X manually, but when I boot
directly into level 5,(just to check) I get the full KDE environment.
What's going on here?  Is it that "Change only applies to current
display" thingy?

 I would like to have my proper KDE desktop back again with my 6 virtual
desktops(starting X manually).  Help. Please point me to the files I
have to edit, etc.

TIA
--
Ronald