I am using a Mitsumie IDE/ATAPI CD-rw.

The last time I checked for updates, I downloaded the Kernal Update
(2.2.13-22mdk).

I installed it, added a stanza to lilo.conf so that I could use either the new
kernal or my older one, and  made a new initial ramdisk.

The new kernal seems to work fine, except that the CD-rw is no longer
accessible.  Checking my boot messages I found the following:

modprobe: can't locate module block-major-8

I am assuming that I need to rebuild some of the modules I needed to get the CD
working.

Does the message indicate which module is missing?  Any assistance, or a point
in the right direction would be appreciated.