>>> "John" == John Aldrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

    John> On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, you wrote:
    >> Is there a virus protection software package for Linux?  Where
    >> can I get it if there is???
    >>
    John> Don't surf the 'Net as Root and you have little to worry
    John> about. :-) There is very little that can be done to your
    John> Linux box unless you run a hostile app as root (or SU.)

[snip]

Question: if I have my checking account information accessed by cbb
(Check Book Balancer http://cbb.sourceforge.net), all my data files
live in ~/.cbb, and are owned by mike.mike, permissions 100600.

If I received a virus, and I was running as "mike", and the virus was
running as "mike", would not the virus be able to delete or change the
cbb data files?

--
Mike Fieschko, West Orange, NJ, USA
Kernel 2.2.14-7mdk