Thanks for the reply! Yes I did actually do the
'mount -t ext2 /dev/hdc1 /extralinux'
I can get fdisk and cfdisk to see it and remove the
bootable flag that keeps poping up. So I delete,
repartition,write it , it gets recognized by fdisk
and by the dmesg at bootup as /dev/hdc /dev/hdc1
but attempting to mount it gives a;
"can't find an ext2 filesystem on /dev/ide(22,1)
mount wrong fstype,bad option,bad superblock on /dev/hdc1.."
I try it with 'linuxconf' with similiar results.?
Is something on the mbr which gives the wrong signal the prob./
I am seeing if I can make this work without having to go into M$
again for a 'fdisk/mbr' as I really don't know if its a
"linux thing" or a "dos/M$ thing" or none of the above?

Lary Coolidge wrote......