From: Jamey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: December 18, 1999 10:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Sound Setup

Excuse me for asking for so much help! I just purchased linux about 2
days ago, and I think I'm doing fair for a first timer. Anyway my
problem is: First of all I had a SB Live value card but i found out that
linux did not support it, So I took it out and enable my onboard sound
chip. Linux found it (By the way I have L-Mandrake 6.5) But when it
probed it it came up with an error telling me to add (VERIFY N) into the
sndconfg file. So I did and tryed again but this time when it probes the
card it completely looks up so bad the only way out is RESET! Im
wondering how I can edit it manually, Ive got all the info from windows
( Dual boot) . Or should i just purchase another sound card?