On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  |  Boy, all this dispute over ease of use, support, configuration problems,
  |  drivers, market-shares, blah blah blah.  Just wanted to add that my
  |  install went fairly painlessly, got my modem to work w/ a little
  |  trouble, been figuring out how things work "under the hood", got my
  |  printer to print, screen resolutions are good, no BIG problems.  It
  |  seems that I'm getting the hang of Linux, and I'm pretty happy about
  |  that.  I really don't miss W95 now.  Still have some reading to do, but,
  |  call me crazy, I LIKE learning how things work.  And if I know how
  |  something works, I have to mess w/ it (sometimes screwing it up;-) to
  |  make it work better (or differently).  I've only had a computer for a
  |  little over 3yrs now (I'm 22), and half the fun has been about problem
  |  solving.  I'm not the network administrator in an office and I don't
  |  have to have the hottest new games...  so, where do I fit in?  Am I just
  |  a geek or what?
  |  Later
  |       -Josh

Josh,

You at 22 seem a little like me at 50 - I have always liked putzing around with
my 'puter since I started with a Comodore Vic 20 (boy was that a long time
ago!). I think though that we most likely fit the discription geek-wannabe,
since we have no formal education to qualify us as certified geeks.

M2C,

Ernie