So I download the mandrake61-1.iso image and burn it to a CDR (Windoze95, HP Surestore
(Adaptec rip-off) software on a Surestore 6020es)  CD _looks_ ok, all the files look
like they are there (not that I would be able to tell if any were missing, just that
there are a lot of non-zero-length files that I can read) but the system won't
recognize(sp?) it as a bootable CD.

I looked through the newbie-archives and was not able to find a definitive answer as
to whether or not this image IS bootable.  So I thought I might try here with the
direct question . . .

Has anyone been able to make a bootable CD with this ISO image?  Am I missing
something really basic (or even, not-so-basic)?

Thanks in advance to any who can and do set me straight. :)

John Paul Broad
"If you count on the worst and hope for the best you will rarely be disappointed."

Get Visto.com!  Private groups, event calendars, email, and much more.
Visto.com. Life on the Dot.
Check it out @ http://www.visto.com/info