On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> I haven't had any problems with S3 Virge I have been using
> everything from RH 5.1 to Mandrake 6.0 with SVGA driver
> Jeanette

Hmm...Ok. I'm using Mandrake 6.0. This Virge GX is manufactured by
Aopen. Model number is PT75 Plus II. On the box, it says the chipset
is S3 Virge/GX 3D. I'm using the Frame Buffer kernel, since this
card apparently requires the Frame Buffer (at least that's what was
installed by default.)
One other thing... on the box it also says "ENG VER 0B" I'm not sure
if that means that this is a second version of the card or if it
means something else... In any event, I think I'm going to have to
get a Voodoo3 PCI or a TNT PCI, as this motherboard doesn't have any
AGP slots (it's a Pentium Pro motherboard.)
        John