On Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:10:04 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

>After installing SUSE Linux by removing all the old partitions abd
>partitioning my hard drive, I am not able to see the full size of the hard
>disk. I have a 20 Gig discbut due to the fact the Linux only sees the first
>1024 cylinders .. I have something like 8 Gigs that are usable (visible).
>The fdisk program in DOS is unable to see the remaining space nor does the
>Linux fdisk allow me to specify that I have more than 1024 cylinders

First...you are prob going to have to re-install everything in order
to fix the problem since you will need to go into your bios and adjust
how your cylinders are set under HD detect.  You will have a setting
to set your HD emulate 1024 cylinders.   Now...if you have done this
already and still unable to access the full HD, then there is another
problem, and that is your bios is an old one and not able to recognize
HD's above 12 megs.  If that is the case then you need to see if you
can upgrade your bios.  If you have a flash bios you can go to the
manufacorter of the board and possibly get the upgrade that way.
Otherwise you are stuck with going back to a smaller HD or upgrading
your mb.

Regardless....one of those will prob work...just check in order...once
you adjust your cylnder emulation in the bios, you will have to
repartition and re-install.

>available. Any solutions ??

Good luck.