On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> I recently purchashed Linux-Mandrake 6.5 and I am not able to configure the
> modem so that it connects to the internet. Maybe it's because I have
> winmodem. Also my provider is AT&T. Which modem do you think I should use so
> that I can connect to the internet?
> Does the modem have to be the technology V90 to be used with Linux?

 http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

towards the bottom of the page look for a link to 'view entire
table'  This list is updated frequently, but is never complete.

A search of 'hardware modem' at www.pricewatch.com will return
about 25 hardware modems starting at $26

--
..      Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      .