R_Yeo wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Josh McCaffrey wrote:
> >
> > Kind of a way of not letting Windows know you're replacing it, or a way of
> > smoothing your transition to Linux only?  Just keep shrinking that Windows
> > partition till it doesn't have any virtual memory left, and you finally
> > have to just put it out of it's misery :-)
>
> Amen to the last.  If only there was an app in Linux for me to upload
> my CrossPad.  Kind of ridiculous to keep a bloated OS around for one
> sole surviving app.
>
> --
> Ronald

hda is my windows drive, but I had hda and hdb both when I last set up windows,
so windows expects a drive d: and programs are installed on drive e:. I may be
able to fix this, but for now d: (hdb1) has the windows swapfile and internet
cache.

So it looks like I need partition magic to solve the problem of a partition too
small?  I thought linux might have another way.