I added the windows ttf fonts line to the /etc/X11/fs/config file, and
ran all of the other instructions on the mandrakeuser.org page, and xfs
crashes when I try to reload it. I only just did this since until now, I
was using xfstt, because I upgraded from Mandrake 5.3 with no truetype
fonts to 6.0, and then to 6.1. I found out yesterday that xfstt was
causing X to die on running wine, so I changed the config to use xfs
only, with ttfs. As soon as I take out the path where the windows fonts
are from the /etc/X11/fs/config, xfs starts fine.

--
|             Andrew Mitchell                       |