On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, chris wakefield wrote:

> Happy New Year Greetings Axalon:
> Just sent this to a member of my local linux users group.  Been working
> many hours trying to do this!
>
> Hi alan:
> Thanks for your private reply.
> I tried what you suggested and RedHat still loads Gnome (which is
> beginning to grow on me).

Now this is easy to fix.. you've got it installed an everything just
change the defaults. /etc/X11/prefdm will either be a script (mdk
systems) or a symlink to the prefered *dm (last redhat i saw up close)
if it's a symlink update it.

ln -sf ../../usr/bin/kdm prefdm

and edit the system default in /etc/sysconfig/desktop

no boot disk needed just "linux 1" at the boot prompt and "init 6" when
your all done. Unless they really screwed something up of course..