One does find that, doing the installation the way you have, it will be much
slower than installing Mandrake onto an actual Linux partition. I think you'll
find that most people do not use Ln4Wn at all - I certainly don't.  The
difference in the load time is so noticeable. I don't bother using themes as
they are very memory hungry.

I would suggest that you dump your present installation and do a re-install.
Believe me when I say that a Mandrake installation onto a proper linux
partition takes about 10 minutes. You'll think you've got a new machine.

Regards

John the Nadger