I have installed the Ln4Wn from the Linux-Mandrake cd. The installation was
no prob. But when I go into into the Xwindow enviroment, I find that
everything seems so sluggish and slow.
I have also installed StarOffice5.1 and the installation was a breeze
event though it was also very slow. Despite this I have been using Linux for
about two weeks now.
Also another thing is sometimes my machine freeze when I am using Xwindow
and Glax as theme.( I am using KDE by the way)
So I did a little bit of testing between themes and I found out that when I
am using Glax and numerous other themes and try to move any window box move
horizontally 'SLOWLY', the machines will freeze. The only theme that
doesnt't freeze my machine when I do this is the windowmaker."WHEN I SAY
SLOWLY,I MEAN SLOWLY AND STEADY"
Contrary to this, when I use win98 everything is quite fast and normal.
So could anybody please explain to me why I am having this problem?
Could it be that Xwindow is using way to much memory than is needed?
I hope that this 'freeze' problem is a bug and not a my machine's RAM fault.

My box is a PII 400 Mhz, 64 Mb or SDRAM, 6.4 Gbyte hard disk, Voodo Banshee
AGP display card.