Hi,

I am having a problem installing StarOffice 5.1 on Mandrake
6.0.

I bought the Staroffice 5.1 CD from Sun. I read the Readme
and it discusses installing the glibc2 libraries. I did so
using the soprep on the StarOffice CD. I didn't install
their ld-linux.so.2 because it said that it might make the
system unstable.

Then I clicked on the StarOffice Setup Icon on the CD and
the installation starts as expected until I get to about the
third screen where you enter the User Data info, Name,
Address, e-mail address, etc. After I fill this screen out
and click on Next, the screen freezes and won't go any
further. Then I have to use XKill to close the installation
window.

I've tried this several times and get the same result each
time. I also downloaded the StarOffice Installation from the
Sun Web site, tried to install and got the same result.

Is this problem related to the glibc files or something
else?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark
begin:vcard
n:Finewood;Mark
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
note:Be Careful, this message was sent from a computer running Mandrake Linux.
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Mark Finewood
end:vcard