Thanks for the tip,
I deleted the glibc2 libraries that I installed from the
StarOffice CD and tried the installation again. The same
thing happens, the installation screen freezes up after
clicking on Next at the User Data Entry screen.

Could this be related to my video card? (My next question)
My video card says S3 86C775 on the chip, but SuperProbe
says its an Intergraphics IGA-1682. The XF86_S3 also says
it's not a real S3. I am able to use it with the XF86_VGA16
driver, but I have very few colors, especially in Netscape.
Is there any way to get more colors from it, or should I get
a new video card?

Thanks for the help,
Mark

Jeanette Russo wrote:

> You should not have installed the glibc2 libraries onto Mandrake
> 6.0.  It already contains glibc2.1 which is what Star Office 5.1
> needs so just install Star Office 5.1 without installing anything
> else.
> Jeanette

begin:vcard
n:Finewood;Mark
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
note:Be Careful, this message was sent from a computer running Mandrake Linux.
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Mark Finewood
end:vcard