B. B.....The wife & Kids run Windows 98.  I run one system that does IP
masquerading for the LAN on Mandrake 6.1, one system on Windows NT 4.0
Workstation (I mainly use Word & M$ Money on it) and then my main system
that quad boots Mandrake 6.1 (the default), Peanut 7.3, Windows 98SE,
and Windows NT 4.0 workstation (the test version from before I put NT on
the Cyrix).  I will soon remove one or other of the Windows OS's to
install Mandrake 7.0 when it's released (prior to converting my 6.1
partitions to the new release, I'm careful).  So the LAN is kinda'
peer-to-peer in that the two linux boxes do run samba, of course.
Before I got samba figured out I used to use FTP to transfer files
between the Linux and Windows boxes.  I just retired the old 486/100
that used to run my BBS till about a year ago, which is when I switched
from Windows 95 to NT.  The new replacement was the Cyrix MII/300
(actual clock speed is 233), that one of the boys had before he got a
new PII/233 for Christmas.  Of course, I built them all. ;o)

Alan