I recently installed Mandrake 6.1 and I can't seem to X to run properly.

I am using am IBM PC300GL (Model 6272) this uses an integrated
Cirrus Logic 5446 Video Controller with 2Mb Mem. I am using an IBM
G54 monitor (but I don't believe this is the problem). When I Start X it
loads OK but the screen does not refresh very well and things stay overlay
one another. However if I set the DAC to the very basic one the screen
is fine but at a really high res. and I can't see most of it.

Does anyone have any hints for this. Apart from this the install seems fine.

Cheers

Warren Rowe