Thank you for your reply but i am affraid because my original message was
not detailed enough, most of the advice you gave i had already performed.
I used fips to repartition my 20gb hard disk into a 17 gb for windows and
3gb for linux. I then deleted this partition in disk druid and tried to
add a linux native partition which it would not let me because it said
something about themaximum boot size. It does however let me create a swap
partition. I cannot create the two partions in fdisk. Do you have any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Jas