I was running Linux Mandrake 6.1 with a dsl connection but since have moved
to a remote area and after changing my hard drive and removing the network
card, I have reinstalled mandrake 6.1 but when I set the /dev/modem using
modemtool and configure kppp netscape doesnt find it or something. I can
use ftp and also chat programs. When I attempt to use netscape it returns
an error that it cant locate etc... but watching the lights on my modem
I dont believe it even tried. What button didnt I push when I should have?
I am very new to Linux but really want to use it so any help would be
greatly appreciated.
JohnC