On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Keith Taylor wrote:
> >%_I just loaded up my first copy of Linux and am running in 640x480 with what
>appears to be 256 colors. Now I have looked throughout everything in KDE thats
>readily availiable to see if there is a place to change video modes (I like 800x600
>16 bit). I read somewhere look under Settings-Desktop and Video Mode would be listed,
>for me it is not. Can anyone tell me where to go to alter my video mode, right now I
>can not see all of every window, and some buttons come up distorted.
>
> Keith

What video card and monitor do you have? Are you absolutely sure
they're fully supported by Linux / X11? If so, go to a console
prompt, log in as "root" and re-run "setup" and select "X
configuration."
Select a higher resolution and color depth as your default. Then, you
can try using CTRL-ALT-KP+ and CTRL-ALT-KP- to adjust your video
settings.
        John