sorry...but could you tell me where that is?  I've been searching around in
mandrakeuser.org and the help files...and maybe I'm just blind but *shrug*
-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas J. Hamman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 11:25 AM
To: Newbie
Subject: Re: [newbie] dhcp server

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Dave wrote:

> Heya
> Is there a place to input the DHCP server in linuxconf?  I know the idea
of
> it is that you simply send out a DHCP query and recieve a reply, but,
> whereas that works in win98se, it doesn't seem to work in mandrake 7.0.
> Thanks
> Dave

I'm not very experienced in Linux networking and I'm pretty sure someone
else has a better way of going about it than I do, but when I had trouble
getting my girlfriend's connection to work in Linuxconf I had her simply
install the dhcp-client package and run dhclient, and it worked fine with
no configuration necessary..

-Tom