> Do what you did to turn 'em off. :-) Also, you can re-run "setup"
> from a console prompt as root and select "system services." Here's
> where you configure what starts up automagically.

        Tried that, it didn't work.

        When I turned them off, I edited the inetd.conf file and
commented them out, but now that I want them again, they
won't run.  Does anyone know what the programs are called?

> Hmm....I'm sure there's a reason I'm not aware of. You *do* know that
> it makes it more difficult for people to FTP in as most ftp programs
> (if not all) default to port 21. That being said, it's probably in
> your config file for the ftp server. Go edit that and it should
> change ports for you.

        I'd comment a bit on this, but without the remote FTP
server... this is a moot point :)

--
~~
Emerald Arcana