Hi
(1)Linux often has problems with partition sizes greater
than 8 gigabytes. It is also fussy about where the LILO is
placed (the 1024 cylinders thing).
(2) Mandrake Software has admitted that DiskDrake does not
yet work as it should.

To solve a similar problem I used Partition Magic 4.01,
which allowed me to graphically, non-destructively, shrink
Windows partitions and create Linux native partitions in the
resulting free space.  This is a commercial product and
there may be free alternatives available but I have no
personal experience of them.
Regards,
Ron

Quoting Jared Mahoney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I just tried installing Mandrake 7.0 for the first time
last night.  I
> have one 27GB partioned all in one FAT32 for 98.  The new
graphical setup
> worked very nicely until it said it couldn't find any
valid devices to
> create filesystems on.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in

Internet -ilman kuluja! Liity heti (http://www.nic.fi/)