Yes it does.  The boot partition has to be below 8 gig.  To solve this,
just make a 16 meg partition before the Win partition with partition
magic.  Set this up as /boot when you install.  Then set up your /
(root) partition to be the other ext2 partition you made.  The install
will put everything it needs into /boot and the rest into your other
partition.  If you are using boot magic to select your OS, then tell
lilo to install on the 16 meg partition, not the MBR.  Tell boot magic
to boot the 16 meg partition for linux.  You can remove the entry for
win/dos in lilo, since you don't need it with boot magic.