In Solaris I like to keep a little script containing merely the string
"ls -Fa" in the /bin directory, enabling me to give this command merely by
invoking the name of the script: lsd.  In Linux-Mandrake the command lsd
already seems to exist.  It does not differ from the command "ls," without
any options, in any way I can discern however.  Nor am I able to find any
lsd in /usr/bin or /usr/sbin.  Would it still be possible for me to put my
little script in /usr/bin, or would that f**k up the system, since the
command already exists?  Thank You.  /Ian