"Maria Viskovska" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yeo modem US Robotic 56K is winmodem and winmodem no work with LINUX :-)))
No Maria, not his USR.  It's an EXTERNAL and the model is a "faxmodem".  Most
definitely NOT a winmodem.  How do I know?  I've been using one for the last
six months w/Linux flawlessly.  In fact, I highly recommend it.
        But there are some USR winmodems, i fact I think they have a trademark on the
name.  But those are internals (PCI, I believe).
Mike

http://webmail.netscape.com.