On Thu, 13 Mar 2036, you wrote:
> jerlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 6
> > >
> > > Cable is like 100MBps, DSL isn't much faster than 56K modems, last I
> heard.
> > > --
> > >    .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are
> not
> > > -()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a
> > >    `*'  straight line."
> > >         -- B. Mandelbrot  |http://surf.to/pgd.net
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > _____________________ ____|________                          Paul
> Derbyshire
> > > Programmer & Humanist|ICQ: 10423848|
> >

> > Well you heard very, very wrong. Cable modems are 1.5megs tops, and you
> don`t
> > even get that. You must be thinking of a T3, because cablem modems *dont*
> do
> > 100mps. My in-house LAN is 100mps, but thats a LAN, and i dont even get
> 100mps
> > on that. Sorry to burst your bubble, but with cable you`ll get around 5k to
> > about 600kps....not 100mps. ah yeah BTW, my DSL line can smoke cable modems
> > too. It all depends on the server you are d/l`ing from, and what kind of
> DSL
> > package you buy.
> >
> > ~ Jerrud D.
>

> On my cable modem....using threaded d/l's from the news groups...I get a slow
> 400 - 500 Kb/S ...and peak speeds d/ling AVI/MPG's at almost 3000 Kb/s with an
> average 700-1500 Kb/s
> HTH...:p~
> Jaguar

>http://webmail.netscape.com.

OK, well we all established that everyones cable servise is fast, but he was
talking about 100mps. You are talking about 3.  And whle you are drooling over
that speed, just wait till your neighbor gets it, then your whole block, then
your whole neighbourhood..... Then you`ll see that your 3mps peek turns into a
spiffy 15kps.

But enough w/ this non-sence..... I think we will all agree that
we would never trade in our high bandwith connections for a cheesy analog modem
no matter if we have Cable or DSL...

~Jerrud D.