Who told you Linux would just jump into your box and start working? I don't see
that in the manual anywhere (mispelled or not). I agree, windoze is far easier
to install than any distro of linux, but the power of Linux is far past
windoze.. I mean, I am at work, checking my mail on my Linux box through telnet.
Also earlier today, I installed a new kernel, rebooted my system, and wrote a
few emails, and I havent even seen my computer! I can do all this, and all I
did was install the basic installation about 5 days ago...

and on your SCSI drive...if you think Linux (or any OS) has "screwed up" your
drive, you do need help, and you sholdn't be trying to install ANY OS.

Joe Sircy