Brian....I can't compare Mandrake to Corel as I've never even
seen Corel.  I have read quite a few negative comments about
Corel, but can't substantiate them personally.  I'm not sure
what version of Mandrake you're referring to, but since my
answers to your questions would apply to any version, that won't
be a problem.  You can indeed install Mandrake so that you will
be able to choose at boot time whether your computer boots up on
either Mandrake or Windows95.  Pretty much any version of Linux
is more reliable than Windows and I've been running
Linux-Mandrake (5.2, 5.3, 6.0, 6.1 & 7.0) instead of Windows for
a year now and would never consider going back to Windows.  I
rarely ever boot my Windows98 partition any more.

Alan