Audrey Beck wrote:

> Lance Borden wrote:
> >
> > I'm at a dead end here...
[major cutting...]

> I'm no help on the compile problem.  But do you need to recompile the
> kernel for your zip drive?  I thought you just loaded the ppo module for
> parallel port zip?

Audrey,
I just sent a response to this comment a little while ago, then wandered off to
play with my kids. I came back and couldn't resist trying "just one more time"
to see if you weren't right after all. "If it is that easy, why does it look so
complicated in the books?? Why don't they just say, try..., if it could possibly
be so simple?" Wouldn't you know? It is! The mini how-to says to mount .../zip,
but left out the /mnt. Although I thought, "hey, shouldn't there be a /mnt
there?" I just did what it said...nothing.  This time I said, "Why not?" and put
it in. Less than a second later it's working! SO, THANKS AND PRAISES!! That was
"the last step" for me - my Linux system is now up and running 100%! I'm pretty
excited and the wife thinks I'm pretty strange!  Lance