From:   Bryan Foster [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Friday, February 25, 2000 4:44 PM
To:     Newbie Linux
Subject:        [newbie] Here is the dumbest question ever asked!

I can call this the dumbest question ever because it is and it's mine.

What command do you use to logoff and shutdown the system? I have it set to
load X at startup and I can choose logoff, but that just puts me at the X
login screen again. I have just been hitting the reset button to reboot, but
Linux yells at me the next time I boot it up.

Thanks..  this is really the least of my concerns/questions at the moment,
but I'll save the other ones for later when I've learned a bit more.

application/ms-tnef