Thanks for info all...  The problem was I didn't have an option to shutdown
or restart after logging out of X..  it just took me to a screen with only
the option of logging back in.

I reinstalled everything..  actually I didn't like the way I did the
original partition so that was the reason for redoing it and this time it
installed KDE as my default manager. Last time it was using something else
and that's why I didn't have the choices mentioned above. Everything looks
and worked much better now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the following items
working? I'm not looking for step by step (though that would be nice), but
where can I find the info I'm looking for.

Modem isn't recognized - 56K USR internal voice/fax modem. Linux says it's
busy when I try to set it up.

2-way Cable modem for MediaOne service (constant on) - Everything I've read
wants me to enter all sorts of info about the hostname, etc. Problem is
there is nothing like that in my Windows settings. Everything is blank in
Win98's TCP/IP settings for the NIC. The NIC is a 3COM EtherLink 10/100 PCI
TX (3C905B-TX)

Printer doesn't work - I have a Lexmark 3200 inkjet printer. I chose the HP
500C in the setup per the Lexmark instructions, but it doesn't print.

That's as far as I've gotten so far. I think if I could get those babies to
work (especially the cable modem) I could learn a bit easier by being able
to access the internet info from within Linux, instead of logging back into
Windows, reading some info or printing it out and then going back to the
Linux system.

Thanks for the help so far!
Bryan