Thanks for the tip!

    Mr C
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sevatio Octavio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2000 15:37
Subject: Re: [newbie] YAMAHA Audio Chip Supported ?????

> Come to think of it... you might be better off spending that money on an
inexpensive SB soundcard (which is a snap to setup).  At
> least when you play mpg files, the sound will sync with the video.  The
OSS driver will not sync up the audio with video very well.
> This is while using "Mpeg TV" (shareware).
>
> Seve

Yamaha won't release their codes to ALSA.  So you will have
http://www.opensound.com.  If you take that route you'll need
> >remember the following:
> >
> >Because of a Known Bug: When starting up the OSS sound driver, you will
have to include this in your /etc/rc.d/rc.local

> >soundon
> >soundoff
> >soundon
> >
> >For some reason it won't start with the first soundon command and OSS is
aware of this problem.

> >Good Luck,
> >Seve
> >
> >P.S.  Boycott Yamaha or the motherboards upon which they come.  This
might then send a message to their arrogance & ignorance.