On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Kyle "Orange" Spahn wrote:

:->No.. I have an ISA, it's a D-Link 220 (10BT)

Isa PnP, ha? I hate those. :-(
This also means I NEVER EVER BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE MYSELF (this was a
disclaimer).

Now back to buisness:

Can you find out which port + interrupt it uses under windows?
Then reserve those in BIOS (set "no PnP OS installed" and "IRQ X reserved
for legacy ISA")
Finaly, take a look at networking.txt (kernel-doc package,
/usr/kernel.doc-*/networking directory) to see what is the problem with
ne-2000 compatible cards. Look for:

8390 based Network Modules

I think you will need the "ne" + "8390" modules. Try it out with
"modprobe" or "insmod" (better modprobe, since ne depends on 8390) and
specify the options on the comandline - once it works you can
add it all to conf.modules.

hope this helps (write back what you got)

cu
        Denis