"Paul Eppley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks.  Once again I found a solution on the archive of this list soon
> after I sent the message.  However, I have a question about your answer.
> What does the "search <your isp>" line do?  I only put the other two lines
> in.  Does it have to do with the fact that in Windows my DNS entries are
set
> to "server assigned"?  Can Linux be set to do the same?
>
> Paul Eppley
======================================
Hi Paul,
        Evidently the "search" line isn't essential in the /etc/resolv.conf
        But linux does need the dns#'s.  Usually an isp will provide 2.  I do not
believe they can be "server assigned" in linux, but one of the gurus will
correct me if I'm wrong 8-)
Mike

"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol
than alcohol has taken out of me."
        --Winston Churchill

http://webmail.netscape.com.