I'm trying to install LM 6.5 on a machine with abt 9GB hd,  4GB partitioned
with PM 5 for Linux with swap partition created.   It fails to install
everytime I try.
It's almost immediately during the install process.  I setup the partitions,
put in the CD, and reboot the system.  My CD is set to automatically
interrupt the bootup process (primary drive), so it immediately goes to the
install screen.  Regardless as to whether I choose expert or regular
install, it proceeds normally.  First, it asks the standard "what are you
using" questions: language, keyboard layout, etc.  Asks for the Install vs.
Upgrade question.  I choose install.  Asks if the data is on the CD or Hard
Drive.  On the CD.  Asks if I have any SCSI adaptors.  No.  Says it will
scan/setup the hard drive for installation, gives the option of using Disk
Druid or Fdisk.  Both Disk Druid and Fdisk give the same response: no hard
drive detected, check your hardware configuration.  I can get to the menu
and setup everything else, but it won't detect the hard drive to complete
the disk.
Any thoughts out there?
Thanks in advance...
Ken in Alaska