It's perfectly possible. I usually make a fat16/32 partition with fdisk under
dos, and leave the rest of the drive alone (you might consider making a small 16
MB partition at the very beginning of the disk as boot-partition, then later
convert it with the partition editor in the mandrake install).

Then I pop the CD in the drive, and proceed with my linux install.

Of course, it must be possible to tell mandrake you wish a primary Fat32
partition too, but after having had quite some problems with RedHat's tool
(DiskDruid) which always placed my primary win-partition in an extended
partition area, I finally gave up and did it the way described above.

--

Rial Juan                  <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>
                e-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sign the petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html