Your best bet is to uninstall the modem in Windows.  Then run a file
called wmregdel.exe from the Win98 CD.

Shutdown the computer
Jumper the modem for Com2
Restart the computer
Install the modem when it's detected in Windows
Then you should have no more worries.

Ty
--
Ty Mixon
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On 2/15/00, 3:53:11 AM, Ron Sinclair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
regarding Re: [newbie] Modem jumper settings: