Denis Havlik wrote:

> :~>well, I reinstalled The entire OS; made sure I included all the necessary
> :~>packages for kernel recompilation. I was able to make the changes  but now
> :~>am stuck ,because the instructions say to change LILO.
> :~>I didn't install LILO, I use a boot disk to boot to Mandrake. How do I
> :~>change the boot disk.
>
> "make zdisk"
>
> Read the /usr/src/linux/README for more details
>
> cu
>         Denis
> Mag^H^H^HDr. Denis Havlik  <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
> Mandrakesoft            |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Austria                (@ @)       tel: (++431) 4277/51179
> -------------------oOO--(_)--OOo---------------------
> February 17-th 2000: The Linux Demo Y2k Day!!!

after making all the necessary changes to the kernel ( i.e. scsi emulation for
the cdr drive and cd romdrive) making a new boot disk, when i try to mount the
drives i'm still receiving the same message

" mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom, ( or,
/dev/cdrom2,/dev/fd0), or too many  mounted file systems"

I have a Plextor CDR/RW atapi/ide, and a generic CD Rom drive,atapi/ide

any idea what i can do now?
I'm at a loss and way past frustration.
Thanks for your input