Hi I'm new to the list and to Mandrake 7.0 and I've got a couple questions that have been discussed recently but I've come in on the tail end of the conversations so if someone can fill me in it would much appreciated.

1  I can connect to my ISP using Kppp and I can ping th remote server and other servers how ever i can't browse or receive mail using any program.  I read in the help files that a DNS IP address needs to be specified.  So I put in the remote server IP address and then netscape would attempt to connect but come back with the error message that the address is invalid or something like that.  Am I correct in assuming that I need to put in the IP address of a real DNS and then it should work?  Does any one have an IP address I could use or should I get one of my ISP?

2  I had to re-install W98 after Linux which removed Lilo from my system.  How do I put this back on with out re-installing Linux?  Also I am having the half memory detected problem.  I can fix this at the Lilo prompt with "linux mem=128" but how do I set it up so Lilo will do this automatically?

3  How does Peer to Peer networking work with Linux?  I have it connected to a Windows box.  What is the Linux equivilant of Network Neighbourhood?

Thanks
Sean Geoghegan