The network my computer's on was down for a while earlier. It's now up,
but I can't get a stable connection under Linux. If I run dhcpcd -k and
then restart the daemon, it works for a while and then dies (i.e. my
telnet sessions freeze and netscape can't connect to any server). Windows
under vmware seems to be working fine.
I'm wondering if maybe someone is using my ip as a static ip address
(I don't think it's the first time it's happened) so is there a way to
force dhcpcd to get a new ip address? I've looked at the man page and
can't find anything that looks like it would work. I've also tried pump
and it always says "operation failed."

DvB