Hi,

I just installed Mandrake 7.0. When rebooting after installation, the
typical penguin screen appears, but I get a message: INIT: Id "x"
respawning too fast: disabled 5 mins.

The problem is that then the localhost login: ... sign does not accept
any username. Rather, it seems as if the screen refreshes every time I
type 'root' or whatever.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Lluis Belanche.

--
Apresurate a hacer deprisa lo que no urge,
a fin de poder hacer pacientemente lo que si urge.

Hurry up finishing what is not urgent,
so that you can patiently do what is urgent.
                                   (Chinese proverb)