Hi Lluis!

Had a similar problem when I stupidly forced the installation
of an apparently incompatible library and stuffed everything up.
I managed to login by hitting 1st "ctrl C" and then
logged in as root.
I then proceeded to uninstall the offending rpm and
re-installed the correct one.
Did a shutdown and reboot and all was well.

Don't know if this helps (being a newbie myself)....

Cheers:

Michael Perry.
R&D. Dep. Netafim Magal.
<<<<Linux -- the Ultimate Windows Service Pack>>>>