astonishing new DrakConf, the all-graphical Drake Configuration tool,
which handles every major (and many minor) configurations graphically
and with outstanding functionality and sense of beautity and grace.

My (blue) hat is off to Mandrake 7.0!

So, you're saying it look nice! :)

You post got me thinking - back in the good old days of Amiga's several
collections of themed icons cropped up, the most notable being "Magic
Workbench". Essentially, it was a pre-defined palette of 16 colours or so,
and one guy drew a bucket load of icons all in the same style. By using
this specific palette you could pretty much be assured that the icons would
blend in with the desktop and look about a million times better than the
default icons. Another package was called "NewIcons" and essentially was
the same thing, but with a different palette.

MWB as it was known used a mainly grey palette with some subtle oranges,
NewIcons was a lot more brightly coloured. All in all, it transformed the
look of the desktop just by making things "harmonious".

Now, do we have anything like this for Linux? A collection of "themed"
icons to go with particular desk-top themes? I know there's themes.org but
is there anywhere for really cool icons? Anyone got any good stuff they've
done themselves?

Steve Flynn
IBM MVS Operations Analyst