Want to post your /etc/lilo.conf file in here?

Steve Flynn
IBM MVS Operations Analyst

"matt shobe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 20/02/2000 22:42:13

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:    (bcc: Steve Flynn/UK/Contr/IBM)
Subject:  [newbie] bug with mandrake 7.0 install -- lilo.conf

when installing using the new ISO image, everything worked perfectly
until the LILO bootloader config an install step. the dang thing
wouldn't install itself onto my mbr and the installer reported a
"syntax error" on line 6 of lilo.conf. I wanted it to set up windoze
as my default boot partition, so maybe it was taking that personally.
i ended up canceling out of this step of the installer, which
otherwise finished successfully. Now, I just have to use a boot floppy
to get into linux on my system.

any ideas how to avoid this syntax error in lilo.conf, or what might
be causing it? i'd like to use lilo on my MBR for easiest dual booting
and whatnot.

Matt Shobe
- of the http://www.spyonit.com posse