[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Two options
>
> When you boot linux, do so like this:
>
> LILO BOOT: linux mem=96M
>
> or edit your /etc/lilo.conf flie to include a line which says:
>
> append="mem=96M"
>
> and re-run
>
> /sbin/lilo.
>
> You will have to be loggedin as root to do this.
>
> (We really do need an FAQ in here don't we!)
>
> Steve Flynn
> IBM MVS Operations Analyst
>
> Ryan Drafall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 23/02/2000 13:17:37
>
> Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> To:   "Newbie@Linux-Mandrake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> cc:    (bcc: Steve Flynn/UK/Contr/IBM)
> Subject:  [newbie] Linux won't recognize my 96 Mb of RAM...
>
> Hello fellow Linux buddies,
>     Everything went great with the install..however, it only recognizes
> that I have 64 Mb of RAM, when indeed, I really have 96 Mb of RAM.  How
> do I get Linux to recognize the other 32Mb?  Your response is greatly
> appreciated..Thanks.  Ryan.

Uhhh....I don't have a lilo.conf anywhere on my system.  I'm using Lnx4win
if that makes a difference.  Also, there's way too much HD thrashing...even
for opening some small-ass text editor it thrashes like crazy and takes
like 15 sec. for it to load.  My system is a PII 300, 96 Mb of RAM, 6.4 Gb
HD, blah blah blah...if you need any more information, please ask.  Thanks
for your help.  Ryan.