Subject:  RE: [newbie] LAN Internet Connection

Can you see other computers on your network?
You can use linuxconf to help you out.  Just type linuxconf at a console prompt.  It's
pretty simple to use, and should help you out.

>>> "Pittman, Merle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 02/24/00 07:15AM >>>
First of all check to make sure that your NIC card is working

type "ifconfig"
if you don't see an output of info about eth0 (only loopback 127.0.0.0) then
your card is not working properly.  Run "linuxconf" to get it working (note
run this as root)

once you are sure your card is working, try to ping a server (ping
www.linux-mandrake.com) or something like that.  If that works then you are
in business.  Then you know that the problem has to be in your proxy
settings.  In your proxy settings make sure you ahve the correct port set
(port 80 usually for http)

This message originates from the law firm of Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP.  This
e-mail message and all attachments may contain legally privileged and confidential
information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you should immediately stop reading this message and delete it from your
system.  Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, or other use of this message
or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  All personal messages express solely the
sender's views and not those of Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP. This message may not
be copied or distributed without this disclaimer.  If you received this message in
error, please notify us immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED]