:->This mail is sent out to the list every other day.  You can use a filter to
:->filter off this mail.

Hi, Jackal

The idea is generally not bad, since the situation has gone out of hand
a bit, but i think every 2-nd day is too much. Also, it would not be
really good if everyone would start running cron-jobs that post to the
list, would it? (I am really not a friend of authomated repetitive
e-mails.)
Yes, I am also tired of "unsubscribe" messages, but

There Are Better Ways To Do It (tm?).

<FOR DISCUSSION>
I am thinking of to posting a  monthly (or weekly?) "recent
frequently asked questions with answers" to "newbies" and "experts" list
(two different letters, though), and this will certainly be a part of the
letter (for newbies), so I think there is no real need for you to do it.

I was also thinking about "Yet Another Mailing List", where people could
post nicely formated "questions & answers" found in the lists. This would
help me a big deal to maintain such weekly/monthly posting (othervise I
have to edit everything myself), and it COULD diminish the frequency of
some WFAQ-s in the list. We could call such questions "RAQ" or
"RFAQ" (R for Recent). (I NEED FEEDBACK ON THIS!)

</FOR DISCUSSION>

If nothing else works out, there are still better ways to make this kind
of info more visible: For instance, you could paste it into your
".signature", or I could ask the list maintainer to post the

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/flists.php3

address with every e-mail, or even to do a filtering of e-mails which
contain "UNSUBSCRIBE"...

cu
        Denis